A thank you letter simply thanks a person
for his or her time and help. You should send one to anyone who has assisted you in your job-search process. Likewise, it
is appropriate to send a thank you letter to the person who interviewed you within 2 or 3 days after a job interview.
Sending a thank you letter serves
1. It gives you an opportunity to express gratitude
for the interview
2. It helps an employer remember you
3. It reinforces
statements you made
4. It summarizes your key skills and how they relate to the job
5. It summarizes your key skills and how they relate to the job
6. And it allows another opportunity to state
your interest in a job.